Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1st 2009

June 1st. New goals. New self-challenge.

Details:
For the month of June (with the exception of Father's Day weekend in Kansas City because I fully intend on enjoying my very favorite restaurant, Lidia's, at least two nights), I'm on a new self-challenge. 11 points possible per day. I've still not come up with a prize for myself if I get all of my points. Maybe it will just be the fact that I feel good. My duties each day include: 8 hours of sleep a night, a.m. prayers, 45 minutes of exercise at least 5 days a week, 15 minutes of scriptures each day, journal writing each day, 2 servings of fruit each day, 2 servings of veggies each day, 3 servings of protein each day, 50-60 oz. H20 each day, no fast food/bad-for-me food, sugar only 2x per week.

Other goals, just for the record: 100% VT, 2 temple sessions, read 2 books, finish quilt I started 3 years ago, finish birthday gifts for friends, make myself Amy Butler's diaper bag, start reviewing and practicing my Hypnobirthing techniques.

1:15 on day one and I'm doing well!

Exercise: 1 hour spin class (so sad to learn my favorite instructor just discovered she has breast cancer- at only 37!)

Food:
Breakfast- 3 egg white breakfast burrito w/ green chile and one turkey sausage, 2 garden tomatoes w/ salt and pepper
*H20, flax oil, prenatal vit.

Lunch- 1 turkey sandwich with cheese, tomato, lettuce and a touch of lite mayo on whole wheat; 1/2 c. blueberries; 1/2 cucumber w/ salt & pepper

Dinner- high-protein, whole grain spaghetti with homemade red sauce and turkey meatballs, a chunk of watermelon, more garden tomatoes with salt and pepper. I'm an addict.

Snacks (throughout the day)- 1 Danon Lite and Fit with Bare Naked granola, 1 peach, 12 tiny pretzel sticks

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the goals/self challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Good for you! I'm sorry to hear about your instructor!!! :(

    ReplyDelete